Relating To This Park
Situated on the many southerly fjord in the united states, Porteau Cove Provincial Park features waterfront campsites by having a view over Howe Sound to your hills beyond.
A vintage ship is sunk to supply interest for scuba divers and also to attract life that is marine. You will find unique facilities for divers.
Date Established: 24, 1981 Park Size: 56 hectares (4 hectares of upland and 52 hectares of foreshore july)
Know Prior To Going
Remain Secure And Safe
- Tide, weather and wind conditions can transform abruptly in Howe Sound. Be careful while boating and swimming in this area.
- Please make sure young ones are supervised while from the crisis ferry pier.
- Scuba divers aren’t allowed to make use of find a bride the watercraft launch.
- The BC Rail train track skirts the boundary for the park. Going into the park calls for crossing the train track. This will be a managed train crossing, be careful and obey all indications.
- You will find 2 low tide markers near the drifting dock that are not mooring buoys and mark extremely superficial water. Anchoring is prohibited in the park boundary.
- As a result of appeal and size of this campground, BC Parks has implemented a maximum stay policy of 7 evenings in the top season in this park (June 15 to Labour Day, comprehensive). Reservations are available through BC ParksвЂ™ Discover Camping Reservation System.
- Leave No Trace: checking out the rocky coastline at Porteau Cove are a thrilling and satisfying experience, but fishing, shellfish harvesting or elimination of other marine life just isn’t permitted. Please reduce your disruption by making every thing as it is found by you.
- Public Pay Phones: the pay that is public are not any longer available. They’ve been eliminated throughout the highway that is adjacent and there is no information available as to if this solution is going to be reinstated. Continue reading